"trying in vain to breathe the fire we was born in..."

-Bruce Springsteen, "Backstreets"



Monday, August 23, 2010

(Just Like) Starting Over

Hola! Well, here's to my first post in a brand-new blog. I've been on Blogger for a few years now. My first blog, "Watching the Wheels," [whatsthenewmaryjane.blogspot.com] was a very intimate diary, kept on Private, and only shared with one confidante.

My brand-new blog, "Junk," will not be so personal. Its purpose is so far undetermined, but I assure you it will serve as a sounding board when I need to bitch and complain, or when I simply want to share! And, truthfully, I hope it will restore my regular writing habits, which, unfortunately, have become infrequent and poor in quality. (Perhaps "Junk" will also inspire me to finally update "Watching the Wheels," too.)

In celebration of "starting over," I'll begin by sharing what is probably my all-time favorite poem.


LOOKING AT PICTURES TO BE PUT AWAY

Gary Snyder

Who was this girl
In her white nightgown
Clutching a pair of jeans

On a foggy redwood deck
She looks up at me tender
Calm, surprised

What will we remember
Bodies thick with food and lovers
After twenty years

P.S.: Check me out on http://www.twitter.com/alliwillingham, too!

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog! You are a very interested, classy person, Alli-- can't wait to learn more about music, classic film, and everything else!

    ReplyDelete